Hey you. You there, with the Pet. Have you ever been frustrated by your pet's bonus? Wanted to enhance it? Got too many Brown Rats? Want to release some pets?
Cool! Go talk to the Town Crier now, he heard Misty is looking for you...
Also, once you've moved PAGAS into the Commons, you will get a quest to locate Clint the Mount Rider. And when he's all settled, then he will teach you all about Mounts.
After you meet all the requirements mentioned above, the crier will tell you to talk to Misty. Misty has a quest for you:
|Running a Little Behind||Search the Narrow Sea for signs of the PAGAS member||2%|
|Misty invited an associate from PAGAS, the Pet Adoption and Genetic Augmentation Society, to set up a station in the Commons, but they haven't shown up yet. Misty has suggested you check in at The Narrow Sea zone to see if they've crossed there yet.|
Well, that was easy enough. However, when you find her friend Vincent, he too has a quest:
After you complete this quest, Vincent will set up shop just below Misty in The Commons.
PAGAS Pet Progress barEdit
Vincent keeps track of all the pets you have in a hand list. You can browse through the pets you don't have and see what you'd like to nab once you've collected enough Unique DNA. He also has some cool bonus prizes for you to claim when you have collected a certain number of unique pets (i.e. a multiple of 10). Pets you obtain and release continue to count toward your pet progress.
Release a Pet at PAGAS Edit
You can release a pet at PAGAS to receive DNA in exchange. The DNA received depends on the level and "class" of the released pet. Pet classes can be seen in the Pets Progress display, and are:
- Basic Pets: hatched from eggs.
- Event Pets: awarded during events (e.g., Turkey, Snowman, Reindeer, Chicken)
- Misc Pets: generally purchased with in-game currency (e.g., Island Tokens, Casino Prize Tokens, Bush Bucks), or are awarded through game play (e.g., Rhino, Turtle, Golden Phoenix, Goldhound, Glitch).
- Premium Pets: purchased with real-world cash.
The payoff for releasing a pet improves with level for all but Premium pets. However, the payoff has diminishing returns as the pet level increases. If the goal is to gather Unique DNA (which is only used to purchase pets), then Premium Pets are the best option. For DNA used for other PAGAS activities (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic), then Misc, Event, and Basic Pets (in that order) will offer the best results.
Releasing a Basic Pet Edit
The payoff for releasing a basic pet is generally linear with pet level. This means that getting the pet "one more level" will have a proportional improvement in the result. Basic pets are the only class where this is the case. However, the cost to level the pet is always increasing, so it may not be worth the time to level a basic pet for too long.
At level 1 and level 40, a Basic Pet will have the following payoffs:
- Common DNA: 89% -> 42%
- Uncommon DNA: 10% -> 35%
- Rare DNA: 1% -> 15%
- Epic DNA: 0% -> 7%
- Unique DNA: 0% -> 1%
The payoff for each DNA type is generally linear with level. Slight variations are introduced since the payoff is always displayed as a rounded integer: sometimes the sum is not equal to 100%.
It is not known whether the game employs the displayed (rounded) percentages to determine the actual DNA payoff. This is important since the Unique DNA payoff doesn't go from 0% to 1% until level 24. If the fractional percentages are employed, it will be possible to receive Unique DNA from a lower level Basic Pet.
An outline how to test statistically if fractional percentages are employed or not can be found at Testing Pet Release Probabilities. It requires a large sample size, so a number of players must take part to get valid results.
Releasing an Event Pet Edit
The payoff for releasing an Event Pet is not linear with level, and diminishing returns are certainly a factor.
At level 1 and level 40, an Event Pet will have the following payoffs:
- Common DNA: 0% -> 0%
- Uncommon DNA: 86% -> 61%
- Rare DNA: 12% -> 26%
- Epic DNA: 2% -> 12%
- Unique DNA: 0% -> 2%
In terms of DNA payoff, there is slight (and decreasing) benefit to leveling an Event Pet past level 8 or so.
Releasing a Misc Pet Edit
The payoff for releasing a Misc Pet has even more pronounced diminishing returns.
At level 1 and level 40, a Misc Pet will have the following payoffs:
- Common DNA: 0% -> 0%
- Uncommon DNA: 0% -> 0%
- Rare DNA: 84% -> 65%
- Epic DNA: 14% -> 31%
- Unique DNA: 2% -> 4%
By level 8, the payoff odds are nearly flat.
Actual release data suggests the nominal odds at level 8 greatly understate the chance of Unique DNA. A sample of 100 releases of Misc Pets at level 8 yielded 52 Rare DNA, 18 Epic DNA, and 30 Unique DNA vs. nominal odds of 69% Rare, 28% Epic, and 4% Unique. Returns from a smaller sample size of Misc Pets released at level 40 suggest the actual results there are much closer to the nominal odds of 65%/31%/4%.
Releasing a Premium Pet Edit
Releasing a Premium Pet always provides 1 Unique DNA, regardless of level.
Trade Up your DNA at PAGASEdit
|Rare DNA||4x or 16x|
|Epic DNA||4x or 16x or 64x|
|Unique DNA||No trade|
Augment Your Current PetEdit
You can spend the DNA you've collected to change the bonus of your currently equipped pet. There are varying types and levels of bonuses to choose from, assuming you have access to them. The best ones take high quality DNA to apply. If you have a pet that has a random bonus, you can spend Common DNA to randomly swap to a different one of its random bonuses.
You can also spend DNA to switch a pet you've augmented back to its base bonus, if it's something unique. If your pet is a type which has a random chance to have one of several bonuses when it is hatched (e.g., the Black Cat), you cannot automatically switch back to its initial bonus, because it was originally randomly assigned, and for various reasons, not tracked.
When you change your pet's bonus, it keeps its level and xp, so your new bonus starts out already powered up! All in all, Pet Augmentation helps you put the bonus you want on the pet you like! It's great!
Not every bonus is available for each pet. Tier1 bonuses are available with 1 pet, Tier2 is unlocked at 30 pets and Tier3 with 70 unique pets. Additionally, you must have had a pet with that bonus type to switch to that bonus.
You may also change your DNAs into Pet XPs to increase the level of the pet.
Eggs at PAGASEdit
Vincent can sell you all the pet eggs you can find in the wild or in Quester's Satchels, as well as many of the premium pets that have, until now, only been available in package deals or during sales. He even has some pet breeds you may have never seen before. They're expensive, though. The best pets cost Unique DNA, which is extremely rare!
The cost of the eggs adapt to the current generation of eggs (those you can find in the wild.) The previous generation is more expensive, and the generations before even more. (The table should indicate rarity and the general scheme instead of concrete costs).
|Orange Dart Frog||2x|
You must have at least 5 Generation 8 pets to buy the following eggs:
Pets Available at PAGASEdit
DNA for SaleEdit
|Unique DNA Pack (4 )||810|
Vincent, the local PAGAS Representative has received word from headquarters to begin offering daily missions for you and your equipped pet, and gain some much needed experience. Check back with Vincent daily, for a random chance of one of six (6) possible dailies, focused around training a well behaved companion. Each daily quest rewards a Quester's Satchel and XP for whatever pet you have equipped in the moment. Completing all 6 will unlock an achievement and a new title!
|Master Trainer||Complete all 6 of Vincent's quests||Title "Master Trainer" + 10|