Fishing, fishing, fishing!Edit
Looking for a way to earn a little extra energy or perhaps a little extra gold? Look no further than fishing! You'll want to talk to Steve in The Mysterious Forest north of The Commons to get started. In addition to the aforementioned gold and energy, you can also fish up unique customization Items. You do not get experience as a reward for fishing.
The fishing spots are located in the following areas:
- The Mysterious Forest, Southwest of the Entrance (Steve the Fisherman teaches you here)
- The Commons, East of the Sawmill
- The Windy Crest, East of the Painter between Field 1 and Field 2
- The Narrow Sea, Cove to the West of the Dock
- Upper Evergreen Forest, South of Field 1 (Must complete 2nd puzzle of Field 1 to access)
- Lower Evergreen Forest, North of Field 1 (Must complete 2nd puzzle of Field 1 to access)
- The Deep Swamp, Northeast of Field 1 (Must complete "Logs for Luongo" quest to access)
- The Terrifying Traverse, South of Field 2 (Must complete 3rd puzzle of Field 2 to access)
- The Sickened Stream, West of Field 4 (Must complete 3rd puzzle of Field 3 to access)
- Feeshi Island, West of Field 1 (Must complete 1st Puzzle of Field 1 to access)
- The Molten Core, West of Field 2 (Must complete 2nd Puzzle of Field 2 & buy Lava Rod to access)
- The Murky Depths, South of the Entrance
- Amicus Isle, fishing holes surround the entire isle. You get up to a 25% bonus chance to double your catch.
- The Idyllic Isles South of Field 1, North of Field 2
- Your Ranch Northwest corner. (You must complete Dog Days questline to get this, but you can fish at a friend's dock.)
- The Autumnal Forest, South of Field 1, West of Field 2
- The Path Through the Mountain, Located in the SBA
- The Plateau Lakes, South of Field 3 (Also south of field 2 until you reveal the SBA entrance)
|Basic Fishing Pole||Your basic, everyday fishing pole. You can fish in most places with this.|
|Lava Fishing Pole||Allows you to fish in pools of lava! (Costs: 25 000 2 )|
The Lava Fishing Pole is available from the NPC just right of the lava fishing hole in the Molten Core. You must reach field 2, puzzle 2 in the Molten Core to purchase it. Note: You cannot use the Fishing Hole in the Molten Core without the Lava Fishing Pole.
There are two types of bait, one has a higher return rate for gold, the other for energy. Higher quality baits yield better results when fishing. It is recommended to always fish with your best bait possible.
* The scorched fish bait is only available once you reach the molten core
* The Meaty Baits become available after you complete the Seasonal Forest Fishing Quest in The Summer Village.
* The Master Baits become available with completion of Secret Bonus Area 73 in The Path Through the Mountain in The Spine of the World.
You consume one bait per cast. If you click too early, before a fish is on the line, you will lose your bait and cast. If you wait too long or fall asleep, you will lose the bait and the cast.
|Sonic Fishing Rod|| This trinket decreases your fishing time by 1 second when equipped in a trinket slot. |
The Sonic Fishing Rod Trinket can be purchased from the Wandering Merchants at the Pawn Shop on Amicus Isle.
Lava Fishing Zone
|Name||Required Bait||Energy Value|
|Zombie Fish||Scorched Fish Bait||5|
|Fish Skull||Scorched Fish Bait||10|
|Lava Fish||Scorched Fish Bait||20|
Lava Fishing Zone:
|Name||Required Bait||Gold Value|
|Copper Tube||Scorched Bait||80|
Junk items are random and provide zero gold or energy rewards. You consume one bait when you fish up Junk.
Lava Fishing Zone:
|Lava Tin Can|
Certain Quests require you to fish up various items for completion. These are found at any fishing spot when the Quest is active. (Note: None of these Quest Items can be fished up in the lava fishing spots in The Molten Core.)
|Shopping Bag||General Store - Shopping Bags|
|Pearl Necklace||Farmer's Market - Sunken Treasure|
|Soothing Kelp||The Stable - Soothing Kelp|
|Empty Vial||Alchemist Shop - Mostly Empty Vials|
|South-Sea Stingray||Amicus Isle - Fishing Derby!|
|Tough Tuna||Amicus Isle - Tuna Trouble!|
|Scuba Gear||Inn - The Friendly Inn - Scuba Gear|
|Fresh Crab||Amicus Isle - Crab Cakes|
Gear items are extremely rare. You will need to use your best bait and it could take hundreds of casts to retrieve one item.
|Captain's Hat||Boat not included||The Commons|
|Fishing Cap||For lazy days on the lake||The Mysterious Forest|
|Scuba Helmet||Warning: Do not submerse!||The Windy Crest|
|Fishing Pole Sword||It has a serrated edge for whacking with||The Windy Crest|
|Scuba Mask||Don't get it wet||The Narrow Sea|
|Seaweed Cape||It might be a little soggy||Lower and Upper Evergreen Forest|
|Anchor Cape||Warning: May cause back problems||The Deep Swamp|
|Fish Sword||Not to be mistaken for a swordfish||The Terrifying Traverse|
|Fish Scale Gloves||They are slightly wet and smelly||The Sickened Stream|
|Sailor Hat||Ahoy!||Feeshi Island|
|Lava Pickaxe||Forged in a fiery pool of lava!||The Molten Core|
|Swordfish||This fish has realized his true calling||The Murky Depths|
|Lava Hook Sword||Did you know lava will destroy regular fishing rods?||The Idyllic Isles|
|Twin Blade Sword||A shiny twin bladed sword.||Your Ranch|
|Fishscale Cape||A fishing cape made of fish scales!||The Autumnal Forest|
|Ship Wheel Cape||Set sail with this awesome cape!||The Plateau Lakes|
Decorations are extremely rare. You will need to use your best bait and it could take hundreds of casts to retrieve one item.
|Wall Fish||The Commons|
|Small Fishbowl||The Mysterious Forest|
|Wall Anchor||Keeps your hose from floating away from the wall||The Narrow Sea|
|Small Pond||How you managed to fish this entire thing up is not a question we're willing to answer||Lower and Upper Evergreen Forest|
|Ship Bottle||It's a ship! In a bottle! Amazing!||The Deep Swamp|
|Fish Statue||Can you believe you fished up an STATUE of a fish? Crazy, right?||The Terrifying Traverse|
|Fishing Pearl||A few dozen more, and you could have yourself a necklace!||The Sickened Stream|
|Mini Pool||With complimentary rubber duck. Bonus!||Feeshi Island|
|Lava Rock||Will somehow stay hot forever.||The Molten Core|
|Fish Tank||Kind of ironic that you'd fish this up underwater...||The Murky Depths|
|Lava Wall Fish||Careful not to place this near any of your flammable ribbons.||The Idyllic Isles|
|Stuffed Puppy||A cute stuffed puppy. Somewhat damp.||Your Ranch|
|Sailboat||A little "toy boat!" Betcha can't say that 10 times fast!||The Autumnal Forest|
|Pretend Fishing Hole||A hole for pretend fishing||The Path Through the Mountain SBA|
|Fish Basket||It's already got a fish in it!||The Path Through the Mountain SBA|
|Tackle Box||Fishing tackle for every occasion! ...for display only.||The Plateau Lakes|
Possible Future Fishing ItemsEdit
Images found on the server that haven't been seen in game yet.
|Small Omega Claw|
Fishing for EnergyEdit
|Fishing for Energy|
|Fish Fry||Fish up 20 Energy worth of Fish|
|Copious Ceviche||Fish up 200 Energy worth of Fish|
|So Much Sushi||Fish up 2.000 Energy worth of Fish|
|Where is my White Whale?||Fish up 20.000 Energy worth of Fish|
Fishing for GoldEdit
|Fishing for Gold|
|Reclaimer||Fish up 100 Gold worth of items.|
|Metal Detector||Fish up 1.000 Gold worth of items.|
|Soaked Item Seller||Fish up 10.000 Gold worth of items.|
|Another Mans Treasure||Fish up 100.000 Gold worth of items.|
Fishing for JunkEdit
|Fishing for Junk|
|Accidental Environmentalist||Fish up 10 Junk Items|
|Save Our Lakes!||Fish up 100 Junk Items|
|Another Mans Trash||Fish up 1.000 Junk Items|
|Lean Green Fishing Machine||Fish up 10.000 Junk Items|
Casting the Fishing-LineEdit
*Needs more information.